Frequently Asked Questions
Do you also repair harnesses, board bags, or other items that need sewing?
Yes we do. Our sewing machine are heavy duty and do not care what they repair. Most ripped items can be repaired quite cost effectively and will last many more years before they finally need to be retired. Send us some pics and we will give you a quotation.
How to prepare the gear before shipping?
Please rinse all gear with fresh water and dry it as best as you can. Our sewing machines don’t like sand and salt and repair tape does not stick to salty surfaces. Should you be unable to wash it, we will need to charge you a small fee.
Please include your name, phone number, return address and e-mail! You won’t believe how many customers forget this important information. If you can use a box for protection. However, a good kite bag also works really well.
Please include a detailed description of all the problems or repairs you would like us to perform. Highlight small damages either with a tape or mark them on a sketch.
What shipping address should I use?
Please send all items to:
63a Brookfield Tce
Phone: 021 111 2639
We charge by the hour and it is difficult to give a quotation before we actually see the damage.
Please use the prices below as a rough guide only.
- Straight canopy rip from trailing edge to leading edge: $70-$90
- Small canopy rip: $30-$50
- Canopy ripped off leading edge: $40-$80
- Leading edge blow out including bladder repair: $150-$180
- Strut blow out including bladder repair: $90-$150
- Leading edge cuts: $40-$60
- Bladder with heat seal equipment for large blow outs: $50-$80
- Rebuild bridle attachment: $50-$90
- Repair delaminated valve: $35-$50
- North Island (not rural) 1 day shipping time, $15 cost for 1-2 kites, $7 for small item such as bar.
- South Island (not rural) 2-3 days shipping time, $23 cost for 1-2 kites, $7 for small items